Thursday, January 15, 2009

AND I'LL WHISPER...YES


Ladies and gentlemen, today the long overdrawn Watchmen battle has ended.  Fortunately for all us Watchmen fans out there, we get our movie on its scheduled date (March 6th) and Warner Brothers is paying Fox for us.  The settlement amount agreed upon by Warner and Fox has not yet been released, but it appears as though Fox will be getting a hefty upfront fee, as well as a large chunk of the back end.  In other words, even though Fox will not control any part of distribution, they will be making a large amount of money.  So bittersweet news for Warner, great news for us.  Only something like this could put a smile on my face after the day I've had.

Thanking my lucky stars,
BraXteN

PS:
The music single for Watchmen, a cover song of Bob Dylan's Desolation Row, comes out at the end of this month.  Oh, and guess who made it...yep, My Chemical Romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment